January 2004 | Main
| April 2004
February 14, 2004
some stuff is hard to believe
What the week has been like, in reverse:
- THIS MORNING: Spilled tea over table and chairs and notebook.
Burnt bacon, after having a conversation with the bacon
about how it's looking forward to being eaten by me. Ultimately
let bacon down by throwing it away.
- LAST NIGHT: Had kind of a silly time with Steve and Pgh
Andy on the Lower East Side. Something about saying "the
Lower East Side" makes me feel like I'm trying to be
cool. But it's just where we were. Cut my finger on the
wall of the basement at Lolita's (bar) and it didn't bother
me. Ultimately got too drunk too early, cabbed home, passed
out in bed.
- YESTERDAY EVENING: Learned my great aunt Lillian was hit
by a truck and killed while crossing the street in Philadelphia.
She was 75 and peppy and it's hard to process this.
- THURSDAY: Dined with Andy at Vera Cruz, then found an
old copy of The Maltese Falcon on the street for $6 and
decided to buy it. The vendor was nowhere to be found, though,
so some guy pretended to be the vendor. Initially thought
this guy wasn't the Right Guy, but then dismissed it and
gave him $4 as he looked around nervously for the real salesman.
- WEDNESDAY: Retired early.
- TUESDAY: *
- MONDAY: Attended novel-writing class. Said some things
but mostly sat and became mildly annoyed with everyone.
- SUNDAY: Enjoyed the remains of the weekend and had lots
of "ain't life grand"-type thoughts.